The Raja Ampat Regency Government (Pemkab) has officially announced the reopening of Raja Ampat tourist destination, but temporarily for domestic tourists. However, they must comply with 10 rules of protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The announcement of the rules were officially launched by West Papua Governor Dominggus Mandacan and Raja Ampat Regent Abdul Faris Umlati, on Saturday, August 22, 2020 at Marina Waisai-Raja Ampat Harbor, West Papua.
“Today, we will continue to maintain the status of green zone in Raja Ampat or even tighten it to prevent Covid-19 by launching a protocol for tourism activities coming here, “said Abdul Faris Umlati.
Head of the Raja Ampat Regency Tourism Office, Yusdi Lamatenggo added, all tourists who will visit Raja Ampat must register online. Tourists must also comply with the travel regulations set out in accordance with the Covid-19 health protocol for tourism. Currently, a number of preparations have been made by the Raja Ampat Tourism Office and partners, revamping and repairing infrastructure, sterilizing facilities at tourist spots, and preparing protocols for diving tourism.
The 10 new rules for traveling to Raja Ampat, shown West Papua Free, are:
- Register online at: www.newnormal-rajaampat.com
- Prepare a Health Assessment Card (HAC) application at http://www.inahac.kemkes.go.id
- Hold a Covid-19 free certificate, in the form of negative RT-PCR results or non-reactive rapid test results, which are valid for 14 days, obtained from official hospitals /Puskesmas/clinics.
- Prepare personal health.
- Have accident insurance and / or life insurance, especially for those who will carry out high-risk activities, such as diving, trekking, cave search and others.
- Accompanied by a guide / tour guide. Make an online booking for the location that you will visit on the same site.
- When all your requirements are met, please travel, with Health protocol.
- For air travel, you will arrive at Dominique Eduard Osok-Sorong Airport and continue your sea / air journey to Raja Ampat.
- Perform document clearance before entering the Raja Ampat area on:
- Check Point I: Falaya Harbor, Waisai Waigeo Island.
- Check Point II: Yelu-Misool Port.
- Check Point III: Marinda Airport, Waigeo
- Stay following the new order of protocol procedures in the public space. If reactive occurs, it is ready to be quarantined and processed according to protocol (because it has already signed a statement of willingness).